Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme, or ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cans prepared chicken or turkey gravy
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 16-ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add garlic, onion, celery and thyme and cook until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces in batches and brown chicken on all sides. Do not crowd the chicken or it will not brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the gravy and potato and simmer until potato is just cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream to the gravy and vegetable mixture and stir. Add chicken and frozen vegetables and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Unroll one puff pastry sheet.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 10-inch iron skillet or casserole dish. Top with puff pastry sheet and bake at 400° for 25 – 30 minutes, until puff pastry is puffed and golden. Serve immediately.