Pureed Squash Soup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 14.5-ounce cans low sodium chicken stock
- 2 12-ounce packages frozen winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and thyme and cook until onion is translucent, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the potato and the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering until potato is cooked through.
- Add the frozen winter squash and cook until heated through.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender and puree until smooth. Add back to the pot and bring to a simmer to heat through. Add the heavy cream, nutmeg and season with salt to taste.
- Serve in warm mugs.