Chocolate Dipped Madeleines
- Yield: 12 madeleines
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 16 minutes
- Total time: 31 minutes
- ¾ cup (115g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (75g) sugar
- ½ tsp orange oil
- 1 stick (4 oz/113g) butter, melted
- 3 to 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- Grease a standard size Madeleine pan well. Dust with flour. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and orange oil together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently fold in flour and butter until well incorporated.
- Fill each mold indentation until about ¾ full.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the centers spring back when lightly touched. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes in pan. Turn the pan over and give it a light tap to unmold.
- Cool on rack, shell side up.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the top of each madeleine in the melted chocolate. Place on a parchment line plate to set.