- 1 box brownie mix
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- Make brownies following box directions and add chocolate chips to the mix.
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugars, salt, water and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugars.
- Keep at a slow boil for 5 minutes and stir often.
- Remove from heat, and carefully whisk in the cream and vanilla.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Place a brownie in the dessert bowl. Top with ice cream and butterscotch sauce.