- ½ pound green beans, ends removed and cut in 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 15-ounce can of cannelloni beans
- 1 15-ounce can of kidney beans
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add the green beans. Cook at a simmer for 5 minutes until the beans are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Drain and then immediately put into ice water. This will stop the cooking and also give the beans a bright green color.
- Drain the beans from the ice water and then mix together with the cannelloni beans, kidney beans, diced peppers and shallots.
- Combine the red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, tarragon, salt and pepper in a blender. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- With the blender on, slowly pour in the oil until the dressing has emulsified or the oil has been fully incorporated into the dressing.
- Toss the dressing together with the beans and vegetables. Serve at room temperature.