The Leaning Tower of Cheese
- 16 hot dog buns, sliced in half with tops trimmed off
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut in thin slices
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in thin slices
- 5 plum tomatoes, sliced in thin rounds
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 pieces cheddar cheese, 2 tomatoes and 2 slices mozzarella cheese on the bread.
- Place on the top on and brush the top with melted butter.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Once heated, place the grilled cheese, with the butter brushed side up, in the pan and allow to cook about 4 minutes until the bread is golden and toasted.
- Turn the bread and fry on the other side until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking pan and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice in half on a diagonal.
- Use a skewer and place 4 halves on the skewer.