Cocktail parties come in many forms: Casual. Formal. Last-minute. Festive. Or sophisticated. Regardless of the occasion, a cocktail party is a great excuse to draw acquaintances together and bring out some of your best booze. Whether you’ve got a large-scale affair on the agenda or just an impromptu gathering, there are a few key items you want to make sure you always have on hand.
Here, we’ve rounded up 10 cocktail party essentials that you should keep in stock for a thirsty crowd. Keep scrolling for an ever-helpful list!
- Ice Bucket and Tongs. A chilled beverage is the key to any drink-related party. So an ice bucket is a great way to ensure that the champagne stays chilled or the ice cubes stay within ample reach.
- Cocktail Glasses. Okay, maybe we should’ve listed this one first because you simply can’t throw a cocktail party without cups to hold the namesake drinks. We’re loving these chic cocktail glasses to truly get in the spirit and impress your guests.
- Drink Accessories. Sometimes, we like a drink a little bit more if it comes complete with a fun garnish. In this case, these pearl cocktail picks or quirky gold paper straws are a great way to add flair to whatever libation is being served.
- Serving Tray. Speaking of serving, a personalized tray to carry drinks from point A to B is a great way to please others while you play host!
- Bar Set. Equip your bartender for the night with this classic bar set bar set to make some of the best drinks around.
- Bottle Openers. When the wine is served or when a beer needs opening, turn to this handy wine opener to get both jobs done.
- Chic Coasters. Don’t let an icy drink stain your furnishings and ruin all of the fun. Keep coasters stationed on tables and in the bar area for guests to use easily.
- Finger Foods. Don’t let attendees drink on an empty stomach! Place out bowls of nuts and olives for them to snack on at the bar. Or, for a special treat, whip up a fancy cheese board complete with all the classic charcuterie items for guests to nosh as the night goes on. Here's a quick primer on how to build a cheese platter.
- Background Tunes. How about some slow jams or oldies to set the mood? This bluetooth speaker is portable and compact enough to take with you wherever the occasion calls.
- Alternative Hydration. Just because it’s all about the cocktails doesn’t mean you shouldn’t serve non-alcoholic options. After all, it’s important to consume responsibly! So, we recommend setting out bottles of water and a virgin punch or sparkling juice to please everyone from the kiddos to the designated drivers for the night.
What essentials do you keep on hand for a cocktail party? Let us know! Then, for more detailed advice and inspiration, head on over to our Glam Cocktail Party party plan.