It’s the holiday season! Now’s the time for singing, feasting on delicious sweets, and of course, exchanging gifts. Unfortunately, that part of the experience can get a bit pricey, and there are so many people to check off your list. Everyone from the gardener to your son’s first-grade teacher has been so great this year. But have no fear -- we’ve lined up 10 suggestions for holiday gift items that won’t break the bank.
- Freshen up their living room with a houseplant. Nothing breathes life into a room like a cheery potted plant! (Amazon $21.99) They add color and a little vitality. Give the gift of freshness with a ficus or even a succulent (BONUS: they’re super low-maintenance)!
- Give them the gift of laughter. Who couldn’t use a good chuckle now and then? The fact is that board games aren’t just for the kiddos anymore! Take your pick from the array of choices - like the trending What Do You Meme? (Amazon $29.99) adult party game - that will leave your recipient in stitches. Who knows? Maybe this gift will inspire a game night!
- Keep them nice and warm this holiday season. There is nothing better than feeling cozy on a chilly night. Get them the perfect movie-watching blanket (Amazon $34.99) that’s not only chic, but also super snuggly!
- Give them a little more cheer(s). Moscow Mules and winter are the perfect pairing, and you can’t have a proper Moscow Mule without a copper mug. Keep your gift recipient’s spirit high with a set of these classic drinking glasses (Target $12.99).
- Let them know you were MINT to be friends. It’s all in the details – and these details are sweet! Peppermint stirrers (Amazon $13.99) add a little pinch of holiday to any hot cocoa or coffee.
- Help make their drink frosty. Kitschy is fun, so when it comes down to getting a little gift for a close acquaintance, a diamond ice cube mold (Amazon $7.98) is bound to dazzle. Make sure their winter cocktail stays cool with this unique present.
- This gift takes the cake. Here’s the perfect gift for your friend who LOVES to bake! These stately cake stands show off their creations in style. The antique golden hue of the cake stand (Amazon $39.95) also makes it perfect for the season.
- Light up their life. A luxurious candle not only fills the room with a gorgeous aroma, but is also a great decorative touch. That’s why this handmade copper candle (Etsy $8.85) makes a wonderful present that will have them flickering with excitement.
- The gift of wonderment. This present is perfect for that friend who loves magic and eccentricity. Nothing says adorable whimsy like a unicorn, and this unicorn head wall decor (Target $19.99) is a sweet touch that will make their bedroom a bit more colorful!
- Preserve the memories. Who doesn’t love flowers? They make the room pop, so the vase you put them in needs to be equally as special. An unconventional vase (Amazon $41.82) is an interesting conversation piece, and looks great in almost every kitchen. Help them take their holiday bouquets to the next level with this thoughtful gift!
For more gift ideas, see our list of Top 10 Products for parties and entertaining.