Sometimes, an extra glam affair is in order. But before you begin ordering gold-dipped accents and fancy finger foods, consider these tips—especially if you’re looking to save some money. Achieving a luxe party look for less is easier than you may think. Thanks to the help of some chic disposable partyware and DIYs, you can practically mirror the image of any expensive idea, at a fraction of the cost.
If you’re ready to add these tips to your entertaining arsenal, than take a look at our luxe looks for less round-up below. We promise, these ideas will be worth bookmarking!
- Create faux floral arrangements. The key to a fabulous event? A great centerpiece — especially when it’s covered in gold. However, metallic-clad vases and votives typically don’t run cheap. That’s where this DIY spray paint bottle option comes in handy. All it takes is a few coats of the canister to transform your old wine bottles into a totally chic statement. Even better if you work with a wide range of sizes to create a more dramatic look. Then, add faux florals and you’re good to go!
- Try a sparkling crystal-styled drink station. Make your cocktails dazzle and delight guests—beyond the drinks themselves! Adding faux crystals to glasses, straws or even an ice bucket is a sure way to elevate your beverage station. And seriously impress some guests, too. Check out our Party Plan to see how you can bring the sparkling look to your next occasion.
- Go with temporary cutlery. Swapping fancy silverware with faux disposable options is the biggest cost saver. With so many cute temporary options out there right now, mimicking the look of a high-end setting is easier — and cheaper — than before. Not to mention, it helps make clean-up a breeze, too. When it comes to our favorite product, we love this rose gold set!
- Opt for an all-white scheme. Monochrome makes any event look more chic. Whether you’re hosting a birthday party or the holidays, consider applying an all-white color scheme. Use tablecovers, temporary accessories, and a fun accent or two to transition a room into a one-color ensemble. The best part? Investing in these throwaway covers is easy and affordable to do!
- Layer your table setting. The more elements you add to your dinner table, the more intriguing — and expensive — it looks! Therefore, pull out all of the stops when it comes to your table setting. Try stacking less expensive plates under more high-end ones, and nestle water cups besides ornate glasses. Elect to pair colors in a flattering hues, or go with an ombre effect wherever possible.