Everyone applauds the little black dress for its chic versatility, but let’s take a moment to celebrate America’s unsung wardrobe hero: blue jeans! They’ve been there for you through the years, tying every outfit together seamlessly. You can dress them up, dress them down, or just wear them around the house. It’s about time you throw a soirée in their honor! Here are a few “in-jean-ius” ideas to take your Summer Blues Party to epic level.
- The Wardrobe. First things first . . . the wardrobe! Excess is impressive. Your muses? Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake on the red carpet, circa 2001. Denim everything: pants, hat, vest, dress, shirt, jacket, etc. Be sure to have a lot of fun with it! If you’re feeling low on accessories, go vintage with a trip to your local Salvation Army or Buffalo Exchange. They always have amazing pieces on the cheap.
- The BLUE Carpet. Secondly, EVERYONE loves to make a bold entrance. Nothing says glamour like rolling out the . . . blue carpet! To prep your star-making entry, pick up a few yards of denim material at any Michael’s or Jo-Ann fabric stores. Lay the swath of denim in the middle of the doorway and leading towards the main festivities. Guests will have a blast strutting their stuff down the runway. To complete the effect, ask a couple of friends to play paparazzi and have them station themselves near the entrance and snap cute shots along the way.
- The Refreshments. Speaking of shots, the menu should reflect the theme. Guests will be delighted by blue cocktails, blueberry infused desserts, and “blue jean” inspired finger foods! A blue buffet shows full dedication, and will make every inch of your event Instagrammable!
- The Photo Booth. Time to take a break from the mingling, and strike a pose. Who doesn’t enjoy a good photo booth? This simple DIY photo booth can be created from scratch using the same material as your blue carpet. If you prefer to skip the arts and crafts, you can always order a pre-made backdrop!
- The Twist. You’ve now created a fantastic atmosphere for a memorable evening with your friends. You’ll be dancing to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson while trying not to spill your blueberry mojito all over your recently thrifted denim overalls. One more detail is sure to separate your party from the rest. Guests usually ask, “What can I bring?” or arrive with a bottle of wine or a snack. But this time, request that your invitees bring their old jeans (and other clothing) that they no longer wear. You can use this festive night as a chance to to collect and donate clothing for the needy. A clothing drive is a win-win!
Ready to rock out with your Summer Blues Party? Start pulling your favorite pieces, roll out the denim carpet, and get that donation bin ready – no one will leave this party feeling blue!