It’s the season to celebrate and party! Whether it’s a Christmas party, a wedding or even New Year’s, no doubt you want to look your best. The winter air and all that holiday indulgence, however, can take a toll on your skin. Keep reading for five tips on how to prep your skin for a natural glow to take you through any event.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation is a life changer! Exfoliate two times a week to get rid of the dead skin cells sitting on the surface. You will have a more radiant, clear and even skin tone. Start exfoliating two weeks prior to the event. One of our favorite exfoliation products are M-61 PowerGlow Peels. They come in individual packets of a pre-moistened wipe with glycolic and salicylic acids (perfect to travel with). Don’t worry if you have sensitive skin because they’re perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive ones. They include Vitamin K to combat dry, rosacea-like patches and chamomile plus lavender to calm and soothe.
- Use Vitamin C. Using Vitamin C in your skincare will give you a healthier looking complexion. Use a micellar cleansing water with Vitamin C in the morning - it’s great for any skin tone and very easy to use. Simply moisten a cotton pad and clean away any dirt or impurities while adding a natural glow to your skin. This product is also great for any one with sensitive skin. Do this every day to maintain natural glow.
- Detox. Five days prior to the event, detox your skin with a face mask. This charcoal mask has natural clays such as kaolin and bentonite, activated charcoal and apricot seed powder. Not only does it decongest your pores, but it also gently exfoliates, leaving a smoother, healthier appearance. It really revives the skin!
- Hydrate. We’re not talking about your daily moisturizer here, but a little extra step most people don’t do. Hydrate with a hydrating face mask. You can let these masks sit for about 30 minutes, but if you don’t have the time you can do the regular 10 minutes.
- Face Oil. The night before the event, indulge your skin in a face oil that will soften, illuminate and add nourishing hydration to the skin. You will awaken with a gorgeous glow! Any skin type can use a dry face oil, which sinks into the skin rather than sitting on top leaving an oil film.
Following these 5 tips to prep your skin for an event will leave you with a beautiful natural glow. Everyone will be asking how you manage to look this good!
For more advice on entertaining, check out our Stories & Tips.