There’s no better way to celebrate football season than by throwing a good old-fashioned tailgate. Of course, no parking lot party is complete without a spread of food and drinks to satisfy everyone on the roster. To make the most of your handmade treats, try elevating them with some of these football-themed ideas. Keep scrolling to preview all 6 inspired DIYs to host your ultimate tailgate.
- DIY Turf Placemats. Protect your surfaces from the spill-prone Bloody Marys and never-ending nacho bar. These DIY turf placemats are a fun way to stay on theme while saving your counters from added messes. All you need is some astro turf, white paint, and a scissors to tackle the job. Simply cut the materials to your desired size, paint on some yard lines, and wait for it to dry. Now you’ve got all of the coverage you need.
- Referee Tailgate Wraps Combine all of the elements from the game (think: the field, football, and ref uniforms) for a fun addition to a traditional wrap. This DIY is easy to do, and is sure to be a total crowd pleaser. Just wrap the parchment paper, striped paper, and football cutout together. Then tie with packaging twine for a fun finishing touch.
- Football Play Tray. Prevent any food fumbles with a tray that secures all of your snacks. This vintage DIY Football Tray is a chic addition, whether as a placemat or as a serving option. Start with a wood board and some chalk paint to create the accent. Then use wood stain and painter’s tape to embellish the look. Since the final piece is color neutral, it’ll work for a number of occasions, regardless of who’s kicking off!
- Football Party Cups. Toast to the big game—without any alcohol involved. These handmade party cups are a fun way to get everyone involved in the celebration, regardless of their age or knowledge of the game. With several graphics to choose from, you can tailor your prints to your audience. Just download the text, print it on tattoo paper, and secure it to a styrofoam cup with a damp cloth. Once they’re fixed, fill ‘em with all of your favorite salty snacks to enjoy for all four quarters of the game.
- 5. Reese’s Fudge Footballs. Consider Reese’s the Heisman winner of the candy aisle. Complete with a cute football-shaped design, this treat will be #1 in their hearts—and stomachs! To make, prepare this peanut butter fudge or any other fudge recipe. However, use a football mold and white confectionery coating to shape and decorate these sweet treats into football shape. Once they’re done, you’ll be ready to snap the ball and bite right in.
- Football Florals. Use the most unassuming objects—like beer cans—to add feminine floral touches to your event. With your favorite paper or printable, you’ll have a fabulous centerpiece in a snap. Plus, you can even customize your floral setup to the game at hand. Talk about one chic way to score some points with your crowd!