The song has been sung, the cake has been served and the presents have been opened. As the party is winding down, don’t let your guests leave empty-handed! Keep scrolling for 6 awesome ideas for candy-free party favors in a range of prices - for toddlers to tweens - that will put a little magic in their memento.
- Bubbles never fail to amuse. Not only do the little ones get an endless kick out of this simple joy, but bottles of bubble solution (Amazon) won’t break the bank. Adding shaped bubble wands (Amazon) is another way to extend the fun.
- Bring out the classic creative toy. Play-Doh will always be a tub of endless possibilities for the kiddos. It also lends itself to most any party theme. For a perfect favor bag, put a can of Play-Doh (Amazon) and a bottle of bubbles into a reusable, brightly colored drawstring bag (Amazon), and you’re all set!
- Get retro with a virtual pet. Many a millenial mom remembers her first Tamagotchi. Now you can share this childhood memory with your own kids! A mini version (Amazon) of these virtual pets is small enough to carry in your pocket, yet provide hours of amusement.
- Go trendy with a fidget spinner. From TV to the mall, you’ve seen these colorful spinners (Amazon) everywhere - tweens can’t live without them. Compact, affordable and strangely addictive, this memento with a “wow” factor will put a smile on everyone’s faces!
- Splurge on cozy themed blankets. Ahoy matey! Any pirate or mermaid-themed bash isn’t complete without a friend from the sea. These cozy, tail-like blankets (Amazon) are not only adorable, but practical. Although a bit more pricey, it’s sure to make a splash on your grateful guests!
- Send them off with a DIY. If your kid is celebrating their birthday in the summer or loves all kinds of crafts - this is the party favor for their soiree! If you’re especially brave, have the whole gang make their own tie-dye shirt at the party to bring home. Otherwise, this handy tie-dye kit (Amazon) is a far-out yet chic post-party present.
If you’re in the mood to make your own DIY favor, try this easy unicorn candy jar from our Magical Meadow of Unicorns party plan. You'll find all the supplies needed as well as step-by-step instructions!