There’s something about the holidays that makes time feel like it’s moving at lightning speed. Sure, you have your list of seasonal must-dos, but between party-hopping and cookie-swapping, it’s hard to get each item checked off - gift shopping included.
We totally hear ya, which is why we’re giving you some great present options to scoop up last minute! From DIY goodies to products you can incorporate in the celebrations themselves, here are 8 last-minute holiday gift ideas to give this year.
- Let them sip something warm and delicious. There’s nothing like a decadent mug of hot chocolate on a cold day. Give them a gourmet cocoa gift set (Amazon $34.99), complete with peppermint candy cane spoons, to let them enjoy this much-loved holiday tradition. Who knows, it may even motivate them to host a Holiday Hot Cocoa Party — which you’ll certainly be invited to!
- Make them an ornament to hang on their tree. If there’s no time to head to the store, opt to make them something from scratch. An ornament is an easy and affordable decor option that’ll have them remembering your thoughtfulness every year they decorate their tree. Follow along with this easy DIY to see how you can create your own.
- Get them in the holiday spirit. Literally! A festive cocktail is always a crowd-pleaser, so a nice cocktail shaker and home bar set (Amazon $22.95) will give them everything they need to mix up a drink with their favorite spirits involved. Pro Tip: Include a recipe for a drink you love (like this Hibiscus Sangria Prosecco) for a more personalized touch.
- Satisfy their sweet tooth. Your nearest and dearest would be hard-pressed to turn down dessert, especially when it’s homemade! So consider making a treat to share, like these Gingerbread Truffles, complemented by a cute cookie platter. We promise, it’ll be a gift that gets put to some very good use!
- Give them a cozy night in. Come January, they’ll be ready for some (much-needed) R&R on the couch. Therefore, a cozy sweater knit throw (Target $19.99) is the perfect way to ensure they’re comfy while they do it!
- Set a dinner date. Sometimes a hot meal - with no prep work involved - can be the best gift of all. Set a date and offer to prepare a meal of their choosing in lieu of present. This idea works especially well in a time crunch, or for recipients you’re especially close with.
- Sign them up for a subscription box. For the gift that keeps on giving, go with a subscription box. Here, they’ll be able to enjoy goodies personalized to their tastes and preferences for all 12 months of the year! Simply hop online and enter their info to begin. If the full-year commitment is too much, Amazon also offers sample boxes (Amazon $7.99) of fun items to try like coffee and tea or luxury skin care.
- Gift them something they can enjoy in the New Year. Oftentimes, New Year’s Eve can be overlooked by all of the holiday fanfare. Keep them well-equipped for the event by giving the closest thing to a bottle of bubbly, a gorgeous champagne candle (Amazon $39.27). Of course, an actual bottle of the celebratory stuff would be great for those who are age-appropriate, too!