The holidays are right around the corner and what better way to begin the season than an in-home spa day? Hosting a spa day at home for you and your friends is the perfect opportunity to unwind and replenish.
First things first: create a cute online invitation to send out to all your friends. This will get your guests excited prior to the spa day. Make sure you get confirmation of who will be attending so you have a head count ready. Once the day has arrived, of course you’ll want to make sure everyone relaxes and enjoys the whole experience. Keep on reading and you’ll learn just how to elevate your at-home spa party with these 5 simple elements.
- Hot Towels. First impressions really help set the mood. Nothing says, “Sit back and relax” better than a warm towel presented to your guests upon arrival. Add some refreshing mint leaves or essential oils before heating the towels. Your guests will love the extra touch!
To warm your towels, run them under hot water, wring them out and place them in a microwave for 30 seconds. If you are adding essential oils rather than mint leaves, add the essential oil in a spray bottle to distribute the oil after you microwave the towels.
Here are my top three essential oils for a soothing experience.
- Eye Masks. Eye masks are easy to integrate into the mix. They’re simple to use and offer instant gratification. Educate your guests on the various applications for different problem areas. Having these products available for everyone is a quick and easy tip for creating an at-home spa.
- Place under eyes to smooth lines and brighten.
- Place on corners of mouth to even marionette lines.
My go-to choice? The Patchology 5-minute Hydrogels! They give you an instant perk up!
- Face Masks. For face masks, variety is important because not everyone’s skin is the same. Placing the masks in bowls makes for a lovely display, but make sure to print out the product’s directions and ingredients, or keep the container close by for easy reference.
Here are the top three types of face masks:
- Detox or Purifying: These are great for any skin type but especially for acne-prone skin because they help get rid of impurities.
- Hydrating or Renewal: These are my favorite after doing a detox mask. They bring back the hydration needed to the skin and are amazing to revive dry skin types.
- Radiance or Brightening: Everyone loves a little glow, so you can't go wrong with this one at your spa day party!
Derma E is a great brand to start with when shopping for face masks since it’s gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Sensory Centerpieces. Large floral arrangements will only distract from the calm environment you’re creating. Keep the décor simple with items such as wheat grass and candles. You can also replace the candles for an oil diffuser; this will keep your display clutter-free.
- Refreshments. Your oasis isn’t complete without refreshments. Have a little treat out for your guests to munch on – fresh, delicious guacamole is everyone’s favorite. Impress your friends by serving a refreshing pink lemonade fruit punch or raspberry red wine slushies.
There you have it! Trust me, your guests will be oh-so relaxed if you follow these 5 easy steps to host your at-home spa day. Now you can relax, unwind, and renew your energy while you sip on some wine with your friends.