Life’s too tasty not to have your cake and eat it too! If you’re going to treat yo’self, why not start with the best? Keep reading for the creme de la creme of dessert Instagram accounts that will surely inspire some foodie masterpieces for your next hosting event (or a late night reward . . . you do you girl!).
- @stylesweetca. Do you view cake decorating as an art form? If so, @stylesweetca is the IG account for you! The chef behind this page, Tessa Huff, is a former bakery owner and current cookbook author and blogger. From whimsical icing to unique flavor combinations, her cakes and pastries are ethereally beautiful. If these pieces of edible art move you to action, her cookbook can guide you in creating your own spectacular cakes.
- @izyhossack. If you’ve blown past your pastry allowance, we have good news for you: @izyhossack has some sweet recipes that won’t break the bank. A university student who’s been called the new Nigella, Izy’s creations are seriously hard to resist. Chase down her recipe for Malted Pretzel Millionaire’s Shortbread and everyone will thank you. She also has a new cookbook, The Savvy Cook.
- @trophycupcakes. With genius pairings of macarons and cupcakes, @trophycupcakes creations manage to be both haute and homey. If you’re lucky enough to be in the Seattle area, you can try them yourself at one of Trophy’s locations. Otherwise, they’re sheer heavenly inspiration. Not only are cupcakes an easy mingling treat for party-goers, but when they look like these, they’ll also serve as an excellent conversation piece.
- @talinegabriel. Even health-conscious folks want a little special something something post-dinner. Enter: @talinegabriel. This account is filled to the brim with delicious and aesthetically pleasing shakes and smoothie bowls. Wholefoods advocate and influencer Taline has a knack for making healthy treats look simply mouthwatering.
- @dominiqueansel. When it comes to flaky perfection and exquisite pastries, this master of sugar is someone you’re going to want to follow. Not only does Dominique Ansel’s feed show impeccable chef technique, but he’s also the INVENTOR of the cronut! Stay tuned to see what he comes up with next.